MANAGING DAY-TO-DAY SAFETY WITH FLEET VIDEO
Maneri Traffic Control, located in Fallbrook, CA, primarily provides highway and street sign installations and construction lane closures. Established in 2006, the traffic control solutions company is estimated to generate $23 million in annual revenue.
Occupational injuries and fatalities are common in this dangerous industry where employees primarily work on busy interstate highways. With a crew of more than 70 employees and a fleet of three dozen vehicles, Maneri Traffic Control employees run the risk of injury every day while closing traffic lanes throughout California.
Maria and Johnny Maneri know from experience. After losing two of their own struck and killed in the line of duty, the family-owned company wanted video technology that would help tighten safety practices, capture objective evidence to help clear the liability of the business, and catch hit-and-run drivers to save lives in the future.
After dealing with intermittent product failures and poor customer support from their last connected camera provider, Maneri Traffic Control began searching for a new partner who could provide them with a reliable technology and strong support along with real-time video.
In addition to utilizing connected dash cameras for capturing objective video evidence in the case of incidents while driving, Maneri Traffic Control wanted a way to remotely monitor jobsites. This would allow management to ensure that the employees were following the correct safety practices to protect themselves from oncoming traffic.
Their requirements included:
- Live access to dash camera footage, including a rear-road facing camera view, for safety audits
- Instant alerts and access to footage for immediate incident responses and investigations
- Reliable and responsive customer support for quick issue resolutions
With dangerous roadways as Maneri Traffic Control’s daily work environment, fleet video is a key component of its workplace safety program and essential to its daily operations.
Efforts to reduce vehicle-related worker injuries in the road maintenance and repair industry have focused on leveraging traffic control devices and strategic work zone configurations to limit collisions and minimize confusion amongst motorists passing through a work zone.
With the flexibility to tailor its fleet safety management solution to Maneri Traffic Control’s daily needs, SureCam focused on providing an all-in-one fleet tracking and video telematics solution that gives the company a powerful worker accountability and exoneration tool.
“It’s been a big improvement since we made the switch. We’ve captured a handful of incidents and handled them in real-time.” – Maria Maneri, owner of Maneri Traffic Control
Since incorporating SureCam’s LiveCheck functionality into its toolkit, Maneri Traffic Control managers are now able to see what their employees see in real-time to remotely support them as well as check on a vehicle’s status. Leveraging their external rear-facing and forward-facing cameras, they also conduct daily randomized safety and policy checks to make sure safety practices are being followed at their jobsite.
- Immediate access in an emergency. Managers now have 100% real-time visibility of road incidents.
- Employee Accountability. What gets captured gets reviewed. SureCam’s connected cameras, layered with GPS, ensure that employees are arriving at jobsites on time and are practicing safe measures when working on the interstate.
- Objective video evidence. Maneri Traffic Control now has a fleet video solution in place that helps them capture video evidence of collisions and other instances of motorists disobeying highway construction laws.
Since adopting SureCam fleet video technology:
- The company has incorporated daily live safety audit checks into their safety program
- Road Safety tightened and productivity improved by 70%
- The company promptly dismissed an employee after video captured negligent driving
With the help of SureCam fleet video technology, Maneri Traffic Control is able to practice what they preach.
SureCam’s LiveCheck allows me to see everything. I can check on jobsites from the vehicle cameras to make sure our team is safe. – Karla Cordero, Safety Administrator.
Download the PDF version of the Maneri Traffic Control case study.